Suitcase Theatre is a small Dunedin theatre group focused on producing great theatre for the theatre’s sake.
We are passionate about producing theatre that is supportive of and directly meaningful to the community we exist within. In order to facilitate this we have become a charitable trust – wohoo!
Therefore – we produce a collection of both meaningful and silly theatrical things for your viewing pleasure. We are also recruited to contribute to and collaborate on other projects. For example – A theatrical reading of the hunting of the snark, rehearsed readings at the Dunedin City Library and performing in “Hostage” a radio play created by Dunedin writers “The Playgroup”
Its been a busy year for the suitcase team, we’ll need a wee nap but will be back soon with more exciting antics.
see y’all at the theatre
– Sofie, Helen & Laura
Suitcase Theatre Productions:
- 2020 – Dear Boobs on Stage
- 2019 – The Night Shift
- 2019 – Crunchy silk
- May 2019: “The Best of us” Variety show – Fundraising for Rape Crisis Dunedin.
- October 2018: Mental notes 2.0
- March 2018: Dunedin Fringe Festival: Mental Notes. Supporting Life Matters.
- Feb 2017: A Memory, A Monologue, A Rant and a Prayer: A V-Day Production Supporting Rape Crisis Dunedin.
- Feb 2016: The Vagina Monologues: A V-Day Production supporting Stopping Violence Dunedin.
- March 2015: Pay Per View Poetry: Dunedin Fringe.